SMS Gateway V1.20
- Free, operating system independent software to send text messages (SMS) by http request (web-interface) including Web-Admin-Console.
This project is available as source code, .war-file and Debian-package. For the ease of use we also provide an appliance to run in virtual machines.
- Finally we left beta state behind! Download and install the latest and upgradeable version from sourceforge and try it out right now!
- Since we started this project (in September 2010) and implemented the solution for our employees needs, we sent about 20.000 mobile text messages (SMS) per month using this solution!
- The uptime of the project is amazing, we had no problems any more with sending mobile text messages (SMS) in the last year.
- For the latest bugs and tracker requests please take a look at the SMS Gateway site or our SourceForge appearance!
- If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us!
If you are interested to use our software and need help, please contact us!
What it is/isn't (Features)
- This SMS-Gateway is not a high speed solution - we currently need about 7 sec to deliver 1 mobile text message (SMS) - but it is...
- - a Apache License V2.0 project
- - software license free
- - operating system independent (may run in virtual machines)
- - running bundled on a single hardware instance
- - supporting any GSM modem with AT command stack
- - able to forward the local text message (SMS) queue to another Gateway in case of an error
- - capable to prioritise messages in the local queue
- - capable to manage more than one attached GSM modem in parallel
- - providing a graphical interface (config and SMS log-view)
- - is alerting you in case of modem problems
- Details of a 'Use case'
- Of course this is only one example to use the SMS Gateway. Due to the 2 basic ideas, scalability and prioritising there is nearby no limit in scaling the SMS Gateway solution. E.g. One Gateway per country or software solution; give your employees the possibility to send mobile text messages (SMS) with low priority while using the solution for your business critical apps; and many more... And all you need to care is the GSM modems and the SIM cards you use.
Based on: Open Source Software
- We are using the following Open Source software products:
Downloads for SMS Gateway
- All downloadable files are hosted on SourceForge!
Install the SMS Gateway on a virtual machine or any other x86 System.
The used root password is: r00tme
The appliance is outdated!!!
If you need installation support, please contact us!
The Debian package was built and tested on Debian Lenny 5.0.6.
DISCONTINUED DUE TO DEBIAN PACKAGES RELEASE!!!
If you need an installer for a destribution other than Debian - let us know! We will support you, if you need a solution! Installer for Linux based systems. The binary will install everything needed to /opt/smsgateway directory und (if you are running a Debian based system) will register the start/stop script on the system. You don't have to care about tomcat, derby db, java-runtime or anything else...
- See how to run the installable binary...
Failed to load RSS feed from http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=rssfeed&group_id=344887&atid=1442961|short: Error parsing XML for RSS
Tracker: Feature Requests
Failed to load RSS feed from http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=rssfeed&group_id=344887&atid=1442964|short: Error parsing XML for RSS
last edit 16.03.2012 by Bernhard